The Commission for Women is a body appointed by the Chancellor to advise on the planning, implementation, and evaluation of university programs, policies, and services designed to improve the status of women on the Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee.
Welcome to the Commission for Women! Join us at our next meeting on Thursday, Oct. 11th from 12-1pm in Hodges 605.
Each fall, the Commission for Women selects several issues upon which to place particular focus during the coming academic year. For the academic year 2018-2019, the Commission will:
- Review and revise bylaws
- Review parental leave policies for birth/adoption and related work-life balance issues
- Particular focus on staff and graduate students
- Advocate for representation of women in leadership positions
- Review and recommend mentoring and professional development to help prepare women for leadership
- Advocate for awareness surrounding sexual assault and misconduct
- Advocate for pay equity across genders
- Women’s History Month
- Highlight accomplishments of prominent alumni and promote/support scholarship/research on campus that is related to women
- Support the Women in STEM Committee of the Commission for Women
- Support LGBTQ+ women and the Pride Center
- Recruit new members