Pandemic-Related Benefit Regarding Child Care
Faculty and university employees are “considered essential workers who are eligible for state child care subsidies.” Visit the link below for more information on child care assistance.
100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
August 18, 2020 marked the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment which granted American women the right to vote. Please see the resources below to read more about this historic event and the role Tennessee played in passing the 19th Amendment.
The Commission for Women in partnership with the Center for Children’s and Young Adult Literature present: A virtual storybook time read by Susan Groenke, Professor of English Education and Director of the Center for Children’s and Young Adult Literature.We encourage adults to sit down with the young children in their lives (Pre-K – Grade 5) to enjoy a virtual storybook read-aloud about the importance of voting. This read-aloud encourages young readers to become advocates and activists in the voting process as it offers actionable ways for young people to get involved in politics! The read-aloud will be available until March 31, 2021 per the publisher’s agreement . View the voting read aloud here!
- Vols Vote!
- Ring the Bell! Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- Women’s Suffrage in Tennessee
- Understanding Women’s Suffrage: Tennessee’s Perfect 36
- ‘It was down to us’: Tennessee’s critical role in giving women the right to vote
- Meet some of the Tennessee suffragists who helped change history
Local Women’s Organizations:
- Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance-Knoxville Branch
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
- East Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Junior League of Knoxville
- Knoxville Association of Women Executives
- Knoxville Women’s Ruby Football Club
- League of Women Voters Knoxville/Knox County
- National Organization for Women (NOW), Tennessee Chapter
- Ossoli Circle
- The Alliance of Women Philanthropists
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW), Knoxville Branch
- Women’s Fund of East Tennessee