Pandemic-Related Benefit Regarding Child Care:
Faculty and university employees are “considered essential workers who are eligible for state child care subsidies.” Visit the link below for more information on child care assistance.
Women’s History Resources:
- Women’s History Materials at the University of Tennessee Special Collections: These resources highlight women represented in the collections of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives.
- The University of Tennessee Libraries Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies Research Guide
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Office of Research & Engagement: A few ways that women are making history at UT
- History of Women in Knoxville, Tennessee
- National Women’s History Museum
- Women’s History Month (U.S. Government): The Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum join in commemorating and encouraging the study, observance and celebration of the vital role of women in American history.
- UN Women
- International Women’s Day 2021 theme – “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world”
100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
August 18, 2020 marked the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment which granted American women the right to vote. Please see the resources below to read more about this historic event and the role Tennessee played in passing the 19th Amendment.
- Vols Vote!
- Ring the Bell! Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- Women’s Suffrage in Tennessee
- Understanding Women’s Suffrage: Tennessee’s Perfect 36
- ‘It was down to us’: Tennessee’s critical role in giving women the right to vote
- Meet some of the Tennessee suffragists who helped change history
Local Women’s Organizations:
- Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance-Knoxville Branch
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
- East Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Junior League of Knoxville
- Knoxville Association of Women Executives
- Knoxville Women’s Ruby Football Club
- League of Women Voters Knoxville/Knox County
- National Organization for Women (NOW), Tennessee Chapter
- Ossoli Circle
- The Alliance of Women Philanthropists
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW), Knoxville Branch
- Women’s Fund of East Tennessee